- Anyone who wants to accomplish the 'transcendental' is like a reflection that wants to leave a mark upon a mirror.
- Belief in immortality is like the reflection believing it owns the mirror.
- The mirror
reflected the objects.
Suddenly realizing it was not worth it,
it blurred and became opaque.
- Should I find out from the mirror how I feel?
- Life is a mirror, since consciousness means that exterior reality is reflected in us. For the dying person, life becomes a mirror of memories. For the prisoner in a cell or a hospital bed, life becomes an empty mirror.
- People are various mirrors reflecting the same world.
[Back to beginning of the chapter]