Aphorisms presented in this Compendium were not yet written or not found in time to be included in New Extracts. WM
- I went with my day and it fell on the floor. The day was long and felt that time had come for it to die. Somebody helped me put the day back on its feet; I think it was eternity because it advised the day not to measure existence with time.
- No matter what your life is, death is always exile from paradise.
- Life: A carriage with square wheels that leads you toward your death.
- Life is short, awaiting death is long
- Even in prison something meaningful may come out if the prisoner's lexicon becomes an encyclopedia.
- Drawing on instinct, I built castles from the void.
- I saved only one finger from Hell. But this finger is creative.
God: I know that I know.
Socrates: I know that I don't know.
Markiewicz: I don't know that I know.
Sum of Negatives
- Not acting is the brother of sickness like a vacant abode is the brother of ruins.
- Readiness of spider -- and net empty.
- Legs ready -- and path without goal.
- Those who, instead of acting, let themselves be blown on the wind, start their exile falsely.
- False ideas and lack of ideas -- brothers of doom.
[Back to beginning of the chapter]