Aphorisms presented in this Compendium were not yet written or not found in time to be included in New Extracts. WM
- You, wounded, latecomer, non-achieved -- stalk so you bounce away the nothingness your fate sends you. The hunter either stalks or lurks; no place for nostalgia in the life of the hunter. Lurk, chase away the hostile winds, drive away the regrets, and be alert for whatever may come. Throw away, smash, grind the bad and absorb the good, the luminous and caressing good.
- Is action more important then thought? Don't try to define the indefinable; act without the cooperation of thought if the subject is not in the domain of thought. Transform the action if necessary but don't stop acting. You can stop thought, while acting means existing. Thought is like the nose: open to aroma, closed to stench. Acting is more dictatorial -- beware of consequences if you can't act. When Big Nothing happens between you and you, meaning no thought and no action, then only courage remains; your ultimate companion, like the moon shining in the void.
- I feel satisfied when I reach in the work of art the spiritual 'me' and physical 'itself'. Spiritual 'me' is like finding a lost trail in a beloved territory. I look at it and I breathe as if inhaling the scent of an ocean I left long ago. As for physical "itself" I find it when I can caress it through my brush like a beloved texture, shape. There is an exchange of caresses between me, through my brush, and the topic, which responds sensually and still spiritually. This psychosomatic process brought me to be an artist.
- Lord Shiva, for whom is this stream -- for the transient, for objects that don't care, for gods?
- Toward Monasticism without God
Life thrives naturally in conditions favorable to life and 'colonises' by various means the domains where conditions are hostile. The versatility of life's adaptation, represented mostly by species, seems endless. If nature created 'living spaceships' which condense living conditions in the 'islets' of life (organisms), the human mind goes farther in putting in question the very core of existence. What is 'reality,' what is 'illusion?' A philosophical question transferred into the domain of technology. At present, we already can perceive artificially deduced sensations separate from the elements that provoke them. New possibilities bring new requirements. The joy and misery of far away future humans may be so alien to us that no science fiction can predict them.
- You May Be Right, But …
Each time you encounter in an argument the "but", transcending reason, it's usual stronger than the reason. It refuses dialog proper to reason, it transcends your sense of values. 'But' is Zen, it doesn't impose a solution, it only declares: "I don't know why, I only know that your solution is unacceptable." It's in the twilight zone of intuition that the difference between us and the intelligent machine manifests itself. 'But' is quantic, indefinable. It will never be at the service of one idea because an ultimate solution doesn't exist; perfection always dangles at the crossroads. The subconscious operates at its roots at the molecular level where the separation between physical and psychical remains undetermined, and there is no stability at the molecular level.
- There is always wrestling between me and the world; either the world projects a perception of itself on me or I project on the world my perception of it. If I'm miserable so will be my perception of the world. If I feel alright I can accept the objective darkness of the universe of the earthworm or the white hell of the polar bear.
- The builder is not preoccupied with the fate of particular bricks. It is the totality of the structure that counts. This is the Calvinist conception of God for whom the Universal counts and not the particular brick/human individual. For the Calvinists the fate of a particular individual is fixed in advance because he is part of the whole. For them behaviour doesn't condition your fate. You still have to be obedient and adore your God, Otherwise you can change your fate only for the worse. In other religions, the path of your life is marked by being "good" or "bad." So, the basic theological question can be summed up: Is God the Builder of the Universe or Good Shepherd for the individual? The artist Soutter asked: "Will the Sun shine for me again?" For Soutter it never did.
- 'Good' and 'bad' are distinguishable when in entities; when split into their components they are rigorously the same. So, in what lies the difference? Where does elementary 'weakness' meaning dissonance with the universal harmony appear? What is this universal harmony, in which it shows itself? If we knew, we would have it instead it having us.
- Waiting: covering yourself with the shroud of time. You furnish your empty house, you clean your dirty house (the house is you). The most useless track to follow is the 'mantra' of your thoughts.
- 'Quantum philosophy': observer participates in happenings. Synchronicity manifests itself in what happens. What is the consciousness which participates in the creation of events? Is space-time a "medium” that can be 'fashioned'??? Strange relationship between space- time-matter-energy-consciousness? Let's forget meaning in this cycle, we have no clue. Gravity must participate. This and this provoke that and that, even if no apparent causality is involved. Only gravity links everything.
- First came life -- we don't know how. Then came behaviour -- we don't know how. Then came intellect -- we don't know how. Then came subconscious, superconscious -- we don't know how. Then came quanta = participation -- we don't know how. And all this mighty structure originates from material particles(?).
[Back to beginning of the chapter]