Aphorisms presented in this Compendium were not yet written or not found in time to be included in New Extracts. WM
- Don't straighten accounts between you and the world; it should be always between you and yourself.
- Why do the primitive adorn themselves? Why do the sophisticated have goals? Because naked life is miserable; it has to be dressed in a garment.
- "The fight between God and the Devil" doesn't necessarily belong to the metaphysical domain. It will become concrete and rational if, in pursuit of our goals, we replace the notion of 'bad' with 'mistake' and 'good' with 'correct.'
- Zen followers, operating in denial, are really looking for the sense of nonsense, and among all the philosophies theirs is perhaps nearest to perceiving the non-goal of life.
- Mean but funny: your friends are idiots, lucky that your enemies are also idiots.
- Some humans navigate on the sea of life; some humans are rocks threatening the bottom of the ship.
[Back to beginning of the chapter]