Aphorisms presented in this Compendium were not yet written or not found in
time to be included in New Extracts. WM
- Oh people, people, when the giant's eye
Pierces me, and the miracle is over.
- Each motivation has to stand on two feet: hope, acceptance.
- Don't wait - neither for death nor for the return of youth.
Attitude (The Curse of Pondering)
- Baudelaire's poem about a sterile woman starts: "I'm beautiful, oh mortals, like a flower of stone." Fruitless pondering is like letting stones grow roots in you; a parody of life.
- The shark has to swim in order to breathe -- not to think about swimming.
- This planet is too small for me -- said the eagle and flew toward the cage. When, in the real world, all is denied, what remains is limitless.
- With bile and thought, you won't start the motor.
- No planet to explore
No soul to communicate
No ocean to dive into
Eternity of void where existence mirrors non-existence, noneness mirrors oneness.
- Life is a rosary of five minute beads.
- Choose the company of the living before being relegated into the company of the dead.
- 'In the Beginning was the Word'
You don't have to be God to create a world from a word. The word has its own magic, meaning a notion creates its own reality, at least in our minds; enough to shape our existence around it.
- Maybe in the world of matter/energy, of which essence we know nothing, there is a place for 'spirit.'
- Garbage or diamond -- we all share the same beautiful Earth.
[Back to beginning of the chapter]