Aphorisms presented in this Compendium were not yet written or not found in
time to be included in New Extracts. WM
- The way
On my way sometimes I walk, I stop, or lie down. The way like a tapeworm, on the way temples like imaginary stations; this was my eternity. If destiny puts subject matter on my way, I accomplish what I can. Otherwise I remain a prisoner of my empty way.
- Attitude first = Buddhism
If you have nothing, accept attitude as a crucial part of nothingness.
- You're nothing but a beast of burden to carry prince-pride
Who are you mysterious pride more important than victory?
- I have seen babies display pride. Then, pride/courage must be more archaic than wisdom, transcending wisdom, transcending life, as people are able to sacrifice life for pride's sake. Pride/courage resides at some mysterious universal core.
- Don't burden your heart when your mind is empty.
- You have no backbone -- let that be your backbone.
you have no goal -- let that be your goal
- Your self may be a greater burden for you than the globe on Atlas
- Be playful, 'silly boy'; that's the rule of life, even if you shed tears of blood.
- Each fear is fear of death; if it isn't recognized as such at first sight it's because the death stalks at the end of the line.
- We don't have time, time has us.
- In art I don't like to anticipate because I like to be a tourist who discovers with a fresh eye where my subconscious has led me.
- When I was immortal I didn't worry about wasting my time
- I received myself in an unsolicited inheritance and I share myself with those interested.
- What's the difference between the weak and the strong? The weak one avoids problems, the strong one creates them through will, indifference or stupidity, and resolves them through force.
- For those who have too many options, prison may be a liberating option.
- It doesn't matter who you are only how you fit in your original swamp. If you don't fit you become a judge, a beggar at the gates of life who, instead of living in the world, puts the world on trial.
- The most painful existence is awareness of the unattainable. ('the evanescent unconceived' of Lesmian).
- Matters of the heart and brain are not necessarily resolved by heart and brain; something else, essential, impalpable, enters into the account, and we don't have a clue what it is because it is closer to our fabric than heart and brain.
- Before your impassive eyes, a display of individuals -- one of them happens to be you. You can judge, not transform them.
- Eternal recurrence = back in business. Three eternities: time, space, happening. Happening is the palpable universal game that repeats itself.
[Back to beginning of the chapter]