Aphorisms presented in this Compendium were not yet written or not found in time to be included in New Extracts. WM
Way of the Samurai
- Winning/losing is irrelevant; the mystique of the struggle is the ultimate meaning.
- When I write I'm a painter, when I paint I'm a musician.
- Reaction without action will be creation caused by will; divine creation.
- Beauty and non-beauty
Live from each other and ignore each other.
- Don't try to grasp reality in a linear way; consciousness is formed in the pattern of an artichoke.
- You don't acquire wisdom, it's always with you. You only lose it.
- Pursuing the future
that didn't belong to me
I ended face to face
with the past that pursued me.
- The interior is furnished -- I dress the naked external world
- I'm as important as the universe. The universe is as unimportant as I am.
- I dread the steps
toward an unappealing world
toward a crowd without chemistry
I need to toughen my tender spots
as I don't know what to expect
on the other side of the pain
On this side
I dance the black waltz
and I attract the flies
- I dream a world of its own
where things flow like a river
where colors and forms join the stream
shape and shapelessness are one.
Goal is obliterated
beginning is end and life is death
sense and nonsense join hands
because there is nobody to solicit accounts.
- Old age: when you lose hope of becoming your own friend.
[Back to beginning of the chapter]